Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day 2007






WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY BLOG!

I decided to stay home today and do absolutely nothing but work on housework, do a bit of some organizing, do a little web surfing and start our family blog.
Joe worked outside on projects that tend to go on the wayside...fixing the roof, cleaning up the front door entrance, mowed the lawn, etc...It certainly was a beautiful day to do these things.

The kids did a little coercing with each other to see who could get online and do what they do...and Em actually went on what I consider to be her "first date"! The young man came and picked her up, (he seemed very polite) and they went to see an early movie. I explained we expected her home by 7:30pm...that's about 40 minutes from now. Let's see how close they cut it!

I have received two phone calls to meet a couple of friends at Hacienda for a drink, but I've declined them since it seems all we've been doing lately is running everywhere. Sometimes it's nice to stay in and enjoy your home. Hope no offense was taken!!

We went to the Warren Dunes on Saturday. Just the 5 of us. It was an absolutely beautiful day!
The temp was about 78 degrees. The sky was a gorgeous turqouis, not a cloud in sight. The water was a little on the cooler side...I couldn't get in! But the kids did and they had some fun!
The boys had to do the tradition of burying themselves in the sand. Personally, I couldn't handle the sand in my shorts!

No comments: