Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Give your stress wings and let it fly away. ~Carin Hartness


The quote above is what I'm focusing on right now. With all of my energy. I'm repeating this over and over and over.

You could say I'm a little stressed at the moment. I love my full time job, and hate to sound as if I'm complaining, but I am right now. NO...let me re-phrase that. I'm not complaining, I'm venting and unloading this heaviness off my chest. At the rate of speed things are happening, and the amount of tasks needing to be taken off my "to do" list seems as if it is never ending. I'm making small errors, that in the big picture of life is really no big deal, but when executives are witnessing them...I tend to feel about an inch tall, and a panic washes over me. Really. Shortness of breath, my pulse quickens, and I feel I might throw-up or pass out or both.

My Scentsy business is doing awesome...but as you know, this takes time to be customer service oriented, organized, and following-up with potential recruits and past, present and future customers. There are several steps to this direct sales/home marketing business that I do. I love Scentsy! I love this job! I Love the company, I love the products, I love the CEO (I have met he and his wife up close and personally...twice!) but as you can imagine....I don't feel I have much time for it or even my family once I get home at night from my full time job.
I'm totally unorganized not only at my desk, but at home, and in every part of my life right now. Not only am I stressing about my "little world centered around me", but my husband who worked for a company for 18 years, no longer is employed. I feel this really is a blessing in disguise, but it's so hard to trust when the economy is so scary. Joe is now registered to attend classes. He is finishing his education he never finished because we started our family. I'm so excited for him because of this feeling of hope and anticipation. But on the flip side, our income has been shortened and the future seems so uncertain. I'm trying to remind myself (daily, almost hourly!) that I do have a job. I do have job security at the moment. I should stop being so selfish, worrying about me and start being thankful for a job right now. I should be thanking God for the opportunity my husband has right now, as he certainly would not have taken this step of faith to better himself, had he not been forced to. He has been a dedicated husband & father for such a long time, in a position he has hated.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving....I'm giving my stress wings tonight, to let it fly away and enjoy what we have.

Count your blessings. Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

Safe Candles by Scentsy said...

Thanks for visiting and following us over at http://www.safecandlesbyscentsy.blogspot.com
Scentsy Wickless Candles