Monday, October 15, 2007

Another Birthday Celebration!


While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt




Another birthday post for our youngest child this time! Although today is October 20, I am just now getting around to "blogging" the event from a week ago. Patrick Jeremy Beath was born at 6:00am on Friday, October 13, 1995. We were blessed again by a healthy baby, although he seemed to be our accident prone child! I can't recall how many emergency room visits we made with him the first three years of his life! =)
It is hard to believe 12 years has flown by already! I recall how excited and thrilled we were to be having another little boy. We were also very surprised by this baby's weight...9 lbs, 11 oz! BIG BOY! Both Emily & Michael had very little hair, and what they had was light. Patrick had a full head of dark, thick hair! And those little chunky cheeks!! I couldn't get enough of them! Being he was our third, I was much more relaxed with this baby, and he was so easy going. A very happy baby he was, even with all the craziness surrounding us during his arrival. (A very long story for another blog, but we moved 4 times from the time of his birth to just shortly after his 1st Birthday!) During all of this turmoil...Patrick was so adaptable and so good. He loved routine....which in turn helped me to keep sane! I think Patrick made me slow down and truly enjoy each and every new discovery. Maybe he was the soft reminder that he was our last child and we would never again experience these wonderful, sweet, endearing moments with our babies again. We only have one opportunity and will never return to this experience. I felt as if time flew with the two older children. With Patrick I wanted to relish this time and I did.
Patrick has a great personality and a wonderful sense of humor. He is a sensitive kid and cares about others. I look at him today and see a pre-teen, on the verge of entering young adulthood. The time will pass us in the blink of an eye. I am realizing with celebrating my children's birthdays lately, that we only have a very short period of time before they will "leave the nest" and be on their own. These are crucial years of self discovery, exerting independence, and discerning their own convictions, values and beliefs. I pray I can be a sounding board to their inquiries & concerns, and ask them the right questions which will help them to consider other views and also help engage their thinking abilities to make good, informed choices. I hope they will listen to others with open minds and be respectful to other opinions. I know they will make mistakes...without them, we cannot grow. I'm sure it may hard to see those mistakes made, however I look forward to their futures and the next few years we have left of their childhood.

Happy 12th Birthday Patrick!!
We love you!
Mom & Dad


P.S.--It's my Mom & Sister's birthday today also! (I won't declare their ages!)
A very blessed birthday wish to them as well!!! Love you too!

No comments: