Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008







Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. ~Phyllis Diller

My house is a pit...but today I will accomplish my goal! The heaps of paperwork lying around will be defeated! As for the blog, I know, I know....it's been 5 months since my last post. I'm embarrassed, but then again, I've been so busy with so many things happening that if I would have been updating this site, I probably would have driven myself insane!
Let me try and catch you up to date in as little words as possible:
Christmas was low key, but very enjoyable.
New Years was uneventful, but spent at home watching movies and snacking.
Valentine's Day: Pretty boring. Did I feel the love? Nah, but there's always love, right?
St. Patrick's Day: When did this happen?
Easter was here before I knew it. We are no longer attending St. Matt's, but really haven't found another parish to join. This year Easter was not what it has meant to me in the past, but I know next year will be different.
Spring Break fell in there someplace...although we didn't go anywhere, I continued to work this week. The kids were disappointed they didn't get to go to Cancun. LOL
And that brings us to Mother's Day. I was awakened by Joe and Patrick bringing me breakfast in bed, with flowers to boot! It was a very pleasant and sweet surprise. Patick made me a very heartfelt card, which means the world to me that he thought of the idea. He is a sweet and thoughtful boy.
How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world.
~William Shakespeare


Joe and I took my parent's to Red Lobster yesterday for lunch, in honor of MD. (& Father's Day early) It was nice, however I would have liked to spend a bit more time together. We plan to see Joe's mom at some point today, after I win the battle of the papers....TO ALL MOTHER'S...A VERY BLESSED MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: