Saturday, May 17, 2008

He's Playing With The Big Boys


























MILESTONE:

Michael is now playing on the Nappanee softball league with his dad. Yesterday was his first game. I think Joe is quite proud and excited to have his son on the team with him. The other teammates have had Michael around them for several years, watching him sit & spit sunflower seeds in the dugout, sending him to fetch the foul balls, asking him to warm up with the team, so this is a natural progression for him to play.
I'm just amazed how quickly our oldest son has grown, not only in age, but physically as well. He's now much taller than I, probably measuring 5'10" or 5'11" and weighing approximately 140lbs. I can no longer refer to him as my little boy...but he is.
A boy becoming a man. Father and son as teammates.
Here's to a good season...to the game of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.