Monday, September 24, 2007

I feel a wee-bit guilty...

Ok, so the past two weeks have been a blur. Things sometimes seem to get crazy around here. I think I'm being organized by using a planner, I write down a commitment months in advance, and as the event approaches, we not only have a commitment, we have football, we have volunteering, we have PTO meetings, we have unexpected things occur (illness), add in there a wedding, a confirmation and new responsibilities at work, and a gal can sometimes feel overwhelmed to say the least!
Today I received a phone call at work by 9:00am from the boys' school. Patrick was in the nurse's office not feeling very well.
My first thought was: "I hope he's alright"
The second thought was: "Darn, I have so much to do today"
The third thought (after picking him up and seeing it was nothing serious that a good day in bed resting couldn't take care of): "Lord, you knew I needed a day home to catch up and make a home-cooked meal for my family!"

Should I feel guilty? I think not.
And let me add, I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup...and there are no left overs for tomorrow!

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

No comments: